Sunday, September 20, 2009
Trip to Syracuse Zoo
I had the sudden urge this past week to get out of the house! I think some of it may have been due to having spent the past week cleaning the house again to get it back on the market, and I was just really ready to get out and do something. Poor B was so tired due to being in air assault class for the past week so he was really tired. I guess I finally convinced him =) The zoo is definitely smaller than I am used to, but it was still fun. The kids loved the penguins the most! I tried to get them in some pictures, and A did pretty well, but J wanted NOTHING to do with the camera. Oh well!
This is A by the lion area. It is funny to hear the kids say what a Lion says especially J becuase he gets a deep throaty roar. Very manly!
The kids liked the peacock. I couldn't get them to look at me so you just get their backs, but you can tell how enthralled they were. I think they were just excited that the animal was actually near the glass since many of them were too far away for them to find.
Here they are both sitting up. I was surprised that they seemed so small.
Here one is standing on its head and the other is standing on the hind legs. It is a mother/daughter team.
J finally looked away from the elephants in order for me to get a 2 second picture. He is getting to be such a big boy.
This is Haylee and J. We had to strap him in to keep him from running off, and she just had no desire to walk. I wish the stroller was big enough for me =)
Here are the kids at the penguin pool. They absolutely loved watching them swim by! A was really excited when they would come up near the glass, and J just danced.
A's Grandma sent her some money for her birthday, and she bought a doll that sucks on a bottle and then cries when the bottle is taken away. J loves to play with it, and he is so cute with it. I had to ask B if it was okay for J to play with a dolly. . . I figure it is good practice for the sibling coming in just a few more weeks.
Here J is feeding the baby. He is so attentive that it cracks me up.
Now the baby is crying so he is hugging it to make it feel better. He'll hug it and then start rocking it. Very cute!! Who says that little boys can't play with dolls?? Maybe it would be good for him to have a little brother so that he can have some more testosterone in his life.... Heaven forbid if he gets any more girls who like pink and dolls =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love elepants! I love them sitting and standing on their heads-so funny!
Man your kids are beautiful!
Post a Comment