Sunday, March 21, 2010

This has been one of THOSE weeks! Our home was invaded by a sneaky little virus called the Herpes Simplex-1 Virus. Simply said, it is the virus that causes cold sores. So, if you ever get cold sores you have this virus, and can possibly remember going through this stressful time!

Last week after church, I noticed sores in #2's mouth. He had been spiking fevers for a few days, but due to his teething, I didn't think much of it. With the sores, I began to worry, is it strep? Thrush? When they said Herpes of course little lights start flashing, until you realize it isn't the type that cause parents to ground their kids for life.


On, Monday we went to the Dr. only to be told that nothing can be done except make sure that the infected person drinks and takes Tylenol/Ibuprofen for pain/fevers. Yeah, not what a Mom wants to hear. We did get a mouth rinse that he HATED, but it was forced on him. He wouldn't eat much, but he did drink warm water. He ate a few popsicles and when he started refusing them and ice cream you knew he was really sick.

Luckily, the mouth sores are almost all healed and he is feeling much better, but now Daddy has it! How much fun is that!! Poor Guys.


The upside is that #3 and I have not been sick, but that probably just means that I was the carrier or something. Teach those boys to drink out of my cups! If I am the carrier, I really don't remember going through any of this, but maybe I was young enough that my parents had to deal with it!

#2 Was sad that he had to miss church today. The girls on the other hand were very excited! #1 wanted to wear her "Purple" dress that we got in Korea (She's been wearing it since it came to her feet, but I can't find the pictures). She asked me if #3 had a purple dress so they matched in color today. The girls were so cute getting ready that we had to pull out the camera for some quick snaps!



I'm just glad that this week is over, and hopefully next week will be MUCH better!

2 comments:

Jay and Sherrie said...

Sorry about the yuckies, but you have super cute kiddos!

Megan Raines said...

#1 does look beautiful in that purple dress. I hope everyone is feeling better now. I love your hairstyle too.