Well Summer has finally arrived in upstate New York. On Friday night, our house was still hovering around 84-85 degrees as I decorated A's birthday cake for her Birthday. I was really worried at first because she wanted a Dora cake, and things weren't working so hot. Our first cake died when B tried to get it out of the pan, and then the second one didn't look much like Dora to me until I finally started getting the last few sections of icing on. It did turn out to be a VERY CUTE cake if I do say so myself!! A has actually asked me for another one. . . haha.. not anytime soon!! It took me 5 hours to finish this one, and the house was so hot the frosting kept wanting to melt so I had to keep it refrigerated etc to harden it back up. It was quite the adventure!! If anyone wants to buy or borrow the pan let me know =) I haven't decided if I should get rid of it so that I never have to do it again or not! HAHA
1 comment:
This cake looks amazing! My kids would be so jealous to see that Aunt Meemee can make cook cakes and fix cool hair styles. What a reject mom they got! I love seeing the pictures of your neighborhood. What a great yard. That was a huge party. You were ambitious!
Post a Comment