Happy Halloween! I loved Halloween as a child, but it is harder for me to get into at this stage in my life. Maybe it is because my kids aren't into it all that much yet. I made them costumes again this year, and as with all past years, I said "This is the last time". But then I get done, and the results are so cute, that I think "Maybe I can do it one more year". So. . . we'll see.
It doesn't save any money to make your own costumes. These were close to $20 a piece with all the fabric, buttons, elastic, etc. But, they are much better quality than you would get at Walmart or other cheaper places.
We went trunk-or-treating at our church on the Wednesday before Halloween, and the kids loved it. City wide trick or treating was on Saturday, and I was going to bring the kids down town for the kid time, but when I asked them if they wanted to wear their costumes again, they said no. So. . . They wore them once. They will make cute dress up clothes though.





I carved some pumpkins this year. #1 was going to help me, but when I got the top off, and she saw the insides, she wanted NOTHING to do with it. She said "I'm not going to touch that!"So. . . It was all me this year. They molded faster than I would have thought even with spraying daily with bleach water. Bummer! Oh, well it was fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment