Sunday, November 7, 2010

Feeling at Home

After High School I left the place that had been home to me for 7 years. I left thinking that I would be back for Christmas and Summer, but then that Fall my parents moved away, and I never made it back. 14 years later, I had the opportunity of driving through BA again, and as we got closer, I started to get very antsy and excited. It was the weirdest feeling, but I suddenly felt as if I was going home! How amazing to still feel that way after 14 years.

We arrived in time to go to my old church, and it was amazing to see so many of the faces that I had loved growing up, and to have so many of them remember who I was as well. I just felt over come with love.

I dragged my family around to see all of the sites that I could get in within a 24 hour time period. It was so great! I also had the chance of seeing my best friend from High School, and it was awesome! I love that girl!

My house growing up.
The fort my dad built us. It used to have a second story, but the lady who now owns it said that the top would sway in the wind so they cut it off. Bummer!

Our old neighborhood pool! I spent my entire Summer in there!

The swimming pool building.

Showing my kids the city!


Over view of BA. (You can see our old Bueno (they made it look funny) and Rhema.


The High School Stadium (Wasn't there when I was in HS)


The High School! Looks so much the same.

The Pride Band Building. WOW!! I guess band is important to a school when they have their own building! I guess they wont have any more character building rehearsals in the pouring rain!


And of course. . . I had to include a picture of Bekah's mountain!

No comments: