Monday, March 2, 2015

Science Fair Adventures

Science fair projects seem to get more complicated each year, but I think that is because I have more kids doing them each year. They start them off so young that truthfully they become more of a family project and often a mom finish me project. Needless to say, I used to love Science Fair and now it makes me cringe.  I'm like my kids, I love the experiment and don't care for the write up or research. Here are the ones we completed this year.
***I'm very thankful that Grandma came to visit during Thanksgiving so that she could help the kids get their research done and get pages made to go on the fold up. I thought I had pictures of the backboard, but I couldn't find them today.

#1 3rd Grade:  Which sugar makes the best sugar crystals.


Brown, Powdered, or Granulated?



#2 1st Grade: Can Vinegar and Baking Soda blow up a balloon?



#3 Pre-K: Which M&M color melts the fastest?


These were all fun activities. Luckily we didn't have to write anything up for the preschool project.  The candy on the outside never melted. It was interesting!

No comments: