When I was young, we loved statues. J.B. Big Boy was my boyfriend for many years. I would see the statue outside one of our favorite childhood restaurants, and I would instantly hug him and want to hold his hand etc.
There was also the Sinclair dinosaur. I think we climbed all over them and it was fun to see them.
So, it was fun when we stopped at a gas station on our way to Minnesota and my kids had the same experience. It was fun to see the sparkles in their eyes as they climbed on the dinosaur and as they sat next to Ronald McDonald (I don't think they know who he is). I'm sure that is the same thing my parents saw when we were climbing as well! Pure joy. . . Or maybe it is just the joy of being out of the car!


No comments:
Post a Comment