I have now been to my very first estate auction. I don't know if they are just more common in the MidWest or if I have just never lived near enough to family to hear of them. An auctioneer comes and sells virtually everything in your home, garage, and any out buildings. A large group of people come and they try to get the best deals they can get!
Grandma and Grandpa are now 96 and 92 and they have decided to move in to an apartment that provides minimal assistance. They decided that it was just getting a bit tough to be on their own any longer. They sold everything. . . and while I watched the auction, I couldn't help thinking how depressing it must be to sell everything that you have treasured and cared about for the past 50+/- years. 2 hours later and you have sold your entire lives collection.
Then I realized. . . it really is just stuff. You wont get what you think your stuff is worth. . . Things go cheaper than at a garage sale. So my solution. . . When I hit 80 I'll have a garage sale or just give it all away. . . that way I wont feel gipped in the end! So, if you think there are things that you can't live without buying. . . think again because it's really just stuff.
#1 with her Great Grandma Helen
#3 with her Grandpa Chuck
Great Grandpa Leo
#2 and Grandma Dolores
Grandpa found #2's tickle button
Great Grandpa is always the tease
#3 and her Great Grandma Helen (that's who she gets her middle name from)
#1 & #2 in a wrestling match
Kisses to Great Grandpa
#3 Finally giving Grandma the time of day







No comments:
Post a Comment