Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Blessing Day

Our little Miss had her blessing in the church done while we were visiting family in UT. She was blessed in my sister's ward (congregation) on the same day as her cousin Madison. They are two weeks apart in age so it was fun because they looked like twins.

I had started a dress before Lil Man was born, and when I pulled it out to finish it for Little Miss, it had rust stains in it from pins. (hint, don't leave pins in outfits that you aren't finishing very soon). I was just going to make it work, but after looking at the material (scraps from my wedding dress), I realized that I actually had enough to start again, and so that is what we did. My mom and I sewed it up in a week. (I made her do the parts that drove me nuts last time!!! Like the hand sewing and the sleeves, and then Daddy threaded her needles so he could say he had done his part! It was awesome to see how well it turned out!

The dress that we made from my wedding dress scraps.


These were her first smiles! It was great to get them on camera.


Daddy and his little girl!

Daddy, Uncle Jeremy, and the little girls.

My two girls. Little Mama loves holding the baby.

My big kids! They were so tired.

Our family on Little Miss' blessing day.

My brother Don came with his family. They are so awesome!


Little Mama showing off her Christmas Dress

Little Man showing off his Christmas pajamas

Little Miss smiling like crazy!

1 comment:

Megan Raines said...

What gorgeous kids! The dress is amazing! I hope you are all feeling better soon. We're having a cold winter too. I get tired of being inside! It's great to see your pictures. Caitlin was excited.