Monday, November 17, 2014

Johnny 5 is Alive!

Whenever I think of being the mother of 5 crazy kids, I can't help but shout "Johnny 5 is Alive!"  If you were born in the 80s you can probably guess what movie that quote is from.  If I remember, I'll put the answer at the end of the post.  One of my favorite kid movies!  

#5 joined our family in October 2014. She was born at 39 weeks and weighed only 6lb 7 oz. She dipped down to 5lb 10 oz, but has steadily gained it all back. She loves to eat, sleep, and poop.  The kids don't understand why that is all she likes doing, and it makes me laugh. B keeps telling me that he will teach the baby Ninjago.  What a considerate brother! 






















I have 4 kids who want to be babysitters all of the time.  The oldest would hold her nonstop if I let her, and the youngest too love having their turns, but quickly say "She's too heavy."  Just give her a month or so then you'll know what heavy is.


It is amazing how when a newborn comes you are reminded of the smells that you have loved in the past and not had for a few years.  I had to put my nose in a clean diaper and inhale. I told daddy that I had forgotten how much I loved the baby powder smell of clean diapers.  I wont complain when we are out of them again though.






A2 loves holding her little sister.  She was so excited that we had a baby girl.


I love baby fingers.  It is awesome when they finally realize that you are someone that they just want to hang on to with all they have.  Annie has found her sister and her mommy.






Although B really wanted a little brother, he has taken to his baby sister! He LOVES her.  He wants to teach her all kinds of things.  I told him that she'll love playing his boy things too and he was very pleased.





And the answer: Johnny 5 is Alive comes from Short Circuit.

No comments: