Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Conference Weekend Traditions


I'm working on family traditions that will make General Conference weekend more enjoyable for the kids. I have fond memories of my family going out to buffets or parks between sessions, and I was trying to think of things that my kids would enjoy to make it a weekend that they can look forward to.

For breakfast, I have started making gourmet meals. Saturday, we had a big spread on a blanket in the living room. They were excited about the picnic, but in reality it was because we were late, but maybe we'll keep it! Saturday evening we always order Dominos. Sunday morning this year, I made crepes and the family LOVES them! (Especially if they are filled with chocolate or Nutella). Sunday afternoon we went on a walk as a family because the weather was so great. I also pulled out goody bags, coloring pages, and anything else I could think of. The kids seemed to really enjoy it and for the most part they were quiet enough for me to hear the speakers.


My human napkin.

#1 eating her crepe

pictures from our family walk













No comments: